Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Saviors

I was roaming around at CP on sunday.Since its sale time it was open and had quite nice crowd.

I was just walking by and I saw an elderly man selling "Car hangings"( the ones that make sound and look like fluffy toys).
That guy could barely stand or walk,but still he was out there to make money.

I asked myself why would anybody of his age ,in such a condition would roam around to sell stuff.
I was stepping forward to help him, but I was late.

I saw a couple out on their date sitting on a bench,called him.
Couple seemed to be college students.

The guy stood up and made the old seller sit down,
Guy went out to get change for a 1000 (i guess).

And the gal started talking to him,
I didnt go to hear them talk but I could make out what was happening.

The gal talked him through with whatever he was going through as if he was his friend.
They talked atleast till 15mins, then guy came back with cash in his hand and they bought a bunch of those and paid him some money.I dont know what they paid him.

But,here money isnt important.
We generally pay money to help people,but what we dont is ...

Make them sit.
And Talk.
That too in the middle of a beautiful evening with your partner.

I really respect those two.
They really deserve best in life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice :)

Ujjwal Dasgupta said...

A change of tone for your blog! Nice.