Disclaimer:My own views ,nothing meant to anybody.
As if I care ;-) just joking....
So here I am again with my rebellious side,as you all know that we are being dominated by western culture and trends.Like live-in relations ,sci-fi movies,Malls(ya you are right I am frustated) etc etc.
But one tradition that is a perfect sign of our slavery to west is a Tie ,I am not saying that its wrong to wear a tie I am saying that people's attitude towards tie's is what potrays salvery.
I mean why people prefer tie with a shirt at an official affair rather than a "kurta",why tie wearing people are considered smart and "well-groomed" and a kurta potrays him as "what an oldie" or in some rude cases "ganwar" .
There is no official place,party(except garba nights),pubs where you have dress code of ethnic wear.No formal occassions except weddings see ethnic wear, in that too, many grooms prefer 3-piece rather than a sherwani and even guest's follow the trend.
This attitude of our's towards our own culture is what is the most pathetic, we look upon a culture of west over our own.
1 comment:
sir i completely agree with you i m happy that there are people like you who think about these issues and have same opinion as mine but sir can't we do anything to draw the attention of masses towards it? just yours or my thinking is not sufficient to change the attitude of people towards such issues but it can surely help to some extent. at last i think when we don't value our culture then we can't expect others to do so
Post a Comment