Friends you all know about Times initiative Teach India.
This post is not a criticism, I completely support it and its a great step with good intentions.
Teach India will involve a lot of people and is very popular already.
But,where it lacks its aim is in approach to the poor children.I mean,we are approaching these children to teach and make them literate.But,literacy is not enough to make our country developed,we need education.
Education is not imparted by learning to count or write name,but by being socially acceptable and beneficial.This can and will, only be achieved by going to schools.
What teach India not doing is, making these children go to schools.They are just wasting money and resources already provided by government.After all, the "mid day meal" and free books,uniform,scholarships to all passed students,scholarships for girls etc etc. , is enough for them to learn life not ABC.
I mean , in Delhi atleast,there is enough for the children to go to school and get educated not just literate.
My frank opinion about Teach India is that its a good program but with a "smell of advertising".
These people could have taken up the task of mass admissions to schools or something like aiding already running schools.
But this is not the case,which makes me a bit itchy,but does not take my support from it.
And I appeal to all people going for teach India that dont just teach them to read and write but make them join a school.
No comments:
Post a Comment